Looking for a vegan alternative to the traditional beef burger – look no further... Not only are these quinoa burgers really tasty, but they are packed full of goodness too.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Boil the quinoa, until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Briefly sauté the shallots and garlic.
3. Boil the sweet potato, then mash.
4. In a large bowl combine the quinoa, shallots and garlic with the herbs, spices and sweet potato mash. Mix well.
5. Form the mixture into small patties.
6. Fry the patties for three minutes on each side.
Quinoa is higher in protein than other grains and cereals. Protein is necessary for tissue growth and repair. Quinoa is also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!