Oats are so simple and versatile that they can feel like a completely different meal each time you make them! This time they make a perfectly cakey texture and crispy top that only gets better when paired with a homemade cherry and berry compote.
1. Start by pre-heating your oven to around 180oC. Then place your oats into an oven proof dish.
2. Now chop your apple into small cubes, slice your banana and half your cherries, place half of the fruit to one side for toppings later and add the other half to your oats along with half of your raspberries and blueberries.
3. Add 100ml of almond milk to your oats and fruit and stir to evenly cover, then top up with enough boiling water to cover the oats and fruit. Sprinkle the dish with cinnamon and place in the oven to bake for around 25 minutes.
4. While the oats are baking, add your remaining cherries, raspberries and blueberries to a pan along with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a splash of water. Simmer the fruit on a low heat, stirring frequently until thickened.
5. Once your oats are baked and perfectly golden, top with your fresh apple and banana, peanut butter, fruit compote, a drizzle (okay, maybe more like a glug) of maple syrup and another sprinkle of cinnamon for good measure. Now enjoy your decadent breakfast along with a hot cup of vanilla coffee.
I hope you give this baked berry oatmeal a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!