These scones are extremely simple & easy to make and taste divine! They are moreish, light, fluffy and very moist with a delicious flavour. They are also gluten-free, yay! I decided to make a fresh batch of my own, and I am so impressed with the texture, flavour and ingredients as they contain no artificial sugar. They contain only natural sugar, which is apple juice and sugar from the cherries, that's it!
1. Preheat the oven to 190oC and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl add in the flour, ground almond and baking powder.
3. Then add in the solid coconut oil and mix with fingertips until like breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the cherries along with the apple juice and almond essence.
5. Add in the milk to bind into a moist dough. Form into balls and place onto the lined baking tray.
Brush some extra dairy-free milk on top of the scones and sprinkle with some flaked almonds (optional).
6. Pop into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Once fully baked, carefully remove the scones from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
You can enjoy them warm straight from the oven with jam. You can enjoy them cold with some fresh coconut cream....delicious!
Store in a sealed container. Best eaten within 2 days.
I hope you give these delicious homemade cherry scones a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Tart, yet sweet, dried cherries are great for snacking and adding to baking. They also provide some essential vitamins and minerals which have many health benefits, including vitamin C, which supports your immune system and vitamin A which protects your eyes and nourishes your skin.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!