Everyone deserves a little sweet treat now and again and these lovely, no-bake truffles really do taste as good as they look! Made using dairy-free white and dark chocolate, with fresh strawberries and desiccated coconut, I love how easy and fun these are to make.
1. Using a food processor or blender, pour in the desiccated coconut & mix on a high speed for 10-20 minutes (blend in short intervals to ensure you don't over-heat your food processor or blender). The coconut will slowly start to form a paste; which acts like a butter. You will need to keep scooping the mixture towards the blade as it has a tendency to stick to the outside.
2. Add the sliced strawberries and maple syrup to the mix and whizz up again until fully combined. (If your mixture is too soft to mould, pop it into the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up).
3. When your creamy mixture is ready, line a tray or plate with grease proof paper. With your hands or a spoon, scoop up some of the mixture and form into balls. Place onto the lined tray and pop into the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Whilst the pink coconut truffles are firming in the freezer, melt the chocolate.
5. Heat a small amount of water in a saucepan until it begins to simmer gently. Place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan (make sure it fits snugly and doesn’t touch the water – the heat from the steam does all the work!). Add the dark chocolate to the bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Repeat for the white chocolate.
6. Take the truffles out the freezer and cover each one with chocolate. Half in white chocolate and half in the dark chocolate. At this time you can add extra decoration, like sugar hearts, hundreds and thousands etc. Just make sure they are vegan.
7. Place them into the fridge to cool and set. After around 20 minutes they are ready to serve.
8. Keep the truffles in the fridge until serving.
If you give these lovely truffles a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!