So simple and quick to make, these cute little dairy-free mousses taste as good as they look. Chocolate and orange are a delicious combination when it comes to a sweet treat and the hollowed out oranges as bowls maximise the orange flavour of this light, creamy dessert.
Refrigerate coconut milk overnight for best results.
1. Wash and carefully scoop/cut out the middle of the oranges. You can place the scooped out orange into a container and enjoy as a snack or for juicing, better than wasting it!
2. Using a bain marie, melt your chocolate until silky & smooth.
3. Whilst the chocolate is hot, carefully pour some chocolate into each orange and work up the edges of the oranges. This step is important as the chocolate helps to seal the orange. You may get leakages if your seal is not intact! Place the oranges in the freezer whilst you make the mousse!
4. Open the can of chilled coconut milk and carefully drain out the clear liquid, we only want the white cream!!!
5. Transfer the cream into a bowl and using an electric mixer/food processor, whisk the coconut cream along with 1 & 1/2 tsp of orange extract.
6. Slowly add in the cocoa powder and maple syrup and whisk until light & fluffy!
7. You can spoon the mousse into the oranges, but I like to pipe it in for a smooth & clean finish!
8. Decorate with a drizzle of left over melted chocolate, grated chocolate and a slice of juicy orange. You can always sprinkle on some chopped hazelnuts for added protein & tasty crunch!
Keep stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days!
I hope you give this delicious chocolate orange mousse a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Coconut milk is naturally rich in a component called lauric acid. This component is an effective barrier against many viruses and infections, as it has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. It has been found to help balance cholesterol in the bloodstream, by raising levels of good cholesterol and lowering levels of bad cholesterol.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!