Protein from the fish, fibre from the beans and vitamins and iron from the spinach – tastes great – it’s a winner!
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Arrange the cod fillets on a baking sheet suitable to fit under the grill.
3. Spread each of the cod fillets with 1 tablespoon red pesto and grill them for 10-15 minutes until the flesh is opaque and just cooked.
4. Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large frying over a medium heat and add the drained butter beans and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and mashing the beans lightly with a fork as you go. You are not aiming for a smooth mash consistency, rather a crushed bean consistency!
5. 2 minutes or so before serving, add the washed spinach to the pan and allow it to wilt. Spoon the butter bean mash onto the warm plates and top with the cod and any remaining juices.
6. Serve with a squeeze of lemon over each fish fillet and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Cod is a good source of heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids which can help lower the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease. The anti-inflammatory properties from Omega-3 fats can also help to ease inflammation disorders such as muscle & joint pain.
Sally Bee's story of survival and recovery from three heart attacks in a week at the age of 36 is nothing short of a miracle. Sally attributes much of her remarkable survival to her delicious and achievable healthy eating plan, which she and her whole family enjoy.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!