Soup is undoubtedly one of my favourite savoury meals, it's diverse, usually packed with plenty of vegetables and full of flavour but, most importantly, it's always served with bread which definitely makes it a winner in my books. This soup is creamy, packed full of flavour and super simple to whip up, so whether you're in need of a warming hearty meal or you've just got a ton of veggies to use up, this creamy bowl of comfort is the recipe for you.
1. Start by popping the kettle on and finely chopping your broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces.
2. Once chopped, add the broccoli and cauliflower to a large pan, cover with boiling water and place on the hob to simmer for around 10 minutes or until totally soft.
3. As the vegetables boil, roughly chop your leeks and garlic and add to a pan with a splash of water then simmer until softened and translucent.
4. While the leeks and garlic soften, prepare your vegetable stock by dissolving your stock cube in 500ml of boiling water.
5. Once softened, add the vegetable stock, almond milk, nutritional yeast and herbs to the pan and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Once the broccoli and cauliflower are cooked, drain and add to your blender along with the leek and stock mixture and blend until smooth.
7. After blending, transfer the soup back to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste and heat through. After heating, you're ready to serve so dish yourself up a big bowl of soup, grab plenty of your favourite bread and get cosy.
I hope you give this delicious creamy cauliflower & broccoli soup a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
Ultra rich in immunity-boosting nutrients, broccoli is great for strengthening the immune system and building its resistance to viruses such as colds & flu. Rich in dietary fibre broccoli can also help maintain a healthy digestive system, whilst its vitamin K content can help to support good bone health.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!