Cooking is one of my favourite things to do and when I can, I love to take my time in the kitchen. But during the week, I'm juggling work, university and the gym so quick and easy meals are a must! In all honesty, pasta is a frequent feature on my weekly menu because it's just so easy, but in a bid to be a little more varied with my diet, I've found that making healthy, filling and tasty meals doesn't need to take up a ton of my time. One of the meals I've been loving lately is this chickpea and spinach curry with rice which makes the perfect post work out meal!
1. Start by peeling and chopping your sweet potato, then add to a pan with some boiling water and simmer for around 10 minutes or until soft. Once cooked, drain and add to a blender along with the coconut milk and blend until smooth then place to one side.
2. Now add your rice to a pan along with around 300ml boiling water then cover with a lid and simmer until all of the water has been absorbed.
3. Whilst the rice is cooking, finely dice your onion and add to a pan along with the crushed garlic clove and a splash of water to prevent sticking. Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly browned. Next, add the tomato puree and spices to the pan and heat for a couple of minutes, stirring continually.
4. Drain and rinse your chickpeas and add them to the pan along with the sweet potato sauce. Leave the curry to simmer for around 10 minutes.
5. Once the curry has been simmering for about 8 minutes, add the spinach and stir to allow the leaves to wilt slightly. Now serve along with the rice and enjoy! I love to serve this dish with a tortilla wrap as an easy alternative to naan bread.
I hope you give this delicious chickpea & spinach curry a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture at our Instagram so we can see :)
Chickpeas are a tasty vegetarian-friendly source of protein. They are also rich in dietary fibre, which helps to prevent digestive disorders and they can boost energy due to their high iron content.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!