Who can resist a lemon drizzle cake? Especially when it’s full of tangy lemon zest, juice, a dusting of icing sugar and a pastel pink, fresh lemon drizzle...yum! This lemon drizzle is extremely easy to make, and can be ready to eat in less than 35 minutes! How about that? It's a light & fluffy cake with lemon zest dotted throughout. It's a perfect afternoon treat to go alongside a cup of tea or coffee (or in my case, an iced espresso)!
1. Preheat your oven to 180oC and line a 900g loaf tin with a liner or greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and lemon zest.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, water and lemon juice.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined, then pour into the lined tin.
5. Pop into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
You will know they are done when you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clean and they are springy to the touch.
6. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
1. Place the icing sugar in a bowl and add in the lemon juice and whisk together.
2. Add in a drop of vegan pink food colouring (optional) and mix to combine.
3. Drizzle all over the cake.
Serve warm or cold. Serve fresh or store in a sealed container, the buttercream will firm up at room temperature.
Best eaten within a few days!
I hope you give this delicious lemon drizzle cake a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Lemons are a natural detoxifier. They help to cleanse the body by flushing out toxins, whilst also boosting your immune system and aiding better digestion.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!