Perfect for breakfast or as a yummy on–the-go snack, these delightful and zesty orange bars are 100% raw, with no baking required, gluten and dairy free and packed with energy. Plus, these super tasty and healthy treats are easy and quick to make.
1. Line a square baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. De-stone the dates and place them into a food processor along with the orange juice, zest and orange segments. Whizz up until combined and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine oats and salt.
4. Place the date/orange mixture into the mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tray and press down until it is compact. Pop into the freezer to set. This will take around 30 minutes or an hour in the fridge.
6. Once the orange slab has set, carefully cut them into bars and place onto a serving plate along with a sprinkling of icing sugar or ground oats, desiccated coconut and a slice of fresh, juicy orange.
Store in a sealed container.
I hope you give these delicious no-bake orange oat bars a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost immune function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!