Healthy eating isn’t about deprivation or restriction – you can still have chips and dip on a Friday night! Just sub out traditional potato chips for these super crispy carrot and parsnip wedges. Add a side of guacamole and you have a healthy and even tastier dinner side or snack!
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Cut carrots and parsnips into chip shapes and arrange on a baking tray.
3. Drizzle olive oil over chips and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle Za’atar spice (or Herbamare) over carrots and rosemary springs over parsnip.
5. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until crispy.
6. To make Avocado dip. Place avocado in bowl. Using a fork, mash until smooth.
7. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chilli flakes are optional, but very much recommended.
8. Remove chips from oven, assemble on a platter with avocado dip and enjoy!
I hope you give these delicious healthy chips and dip a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
It’s well known that carrots are good for the eyes but did you know they are natural pain relievers as well? Carrots have anti-inflammatory properties which can help ease aching muscles & joints and other inflammatory conditions.
Jessica Sepel is a qualified nutritionist, health blogger and best selling health author from Australia. She is fascinated by the health and wellness world and loves to make simple and nutritious recipes. She also enjoys helping others to build healthy relationships with food and develop healthy lifestyle habits.
Her 8-week online plan ‘The JSHealth Program’ can help change your mind and body, by teaching you how to find a balanced approach to life, food and weight.
You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram for daily food inspiration and health mantras.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!