Pancakes don't always have to be super sweet and sticky. These delicious and vitamin-rich pancakes with asparagus and fresh herbs will enhance any breakfast table or spring buffet and are even easier to bake than the well-known classic version.
1. Wash all the herbs, chillies and leeks. Cut the chillies and the leek into thin rings and roughly chop the herbs.
2. Cut the grapefruit flesh into small cubes.
3. Lightly roast the nuts in a pan without oil.
4. Wash the asparagus and cut off 2 -3cm from the end of the stalks. Cut into 5cm long pieces and fry in a little oil for 1 - 2 minutes.
5. For the chickpea flour pancakes combine the water and oil to form sticky dough. Season well with Herbamare® Original seasoning salt. Over a medium heat, fry each side of the pancakes for 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Serve the pancakes on a plate each with a small dab of sour cream.
7. Garnish with the herbs, chilli, grapefruit and nuts. Enjoy!
The mini-pancakes also taste great cold, wonderful for a Spring buffet.
I hope you give these yummy mini pancakes a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!