Stuffed peppers are so easy to make and are very tasty, versatile and filling – the perfect vegetarian dish. I love to change the different vegetables I add but this is my favourite recipe.
1. Heat the oven to 190°C.
2. Slice the peppers in half and use a small knife to remove the seeds.
3. Cook the lentils for 15 minutes. They shouldn’t be mushy at this stage.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the courgette, aubergine, shallots and garlic, and fry over a low heat until softened.
5. Add the vegetables to the lentils and mix. Stir in the olives and season with pepper and Herbamare® Original seasoning salt.
6. Spoon the lentil mixture into the peppers and wrap each tightly in tinfoil. Place in a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove the tinfoil and grate the cheese over each pepper. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted into the pepper.
Did you know that a red bell pepper contains nearly three times more vitamin C than an orange! So eat them up if you want to build your body’s defence against colds & flu. The dietary fibre in lentils also helps the digestive system, preventing constipation & IBS.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!