This high quality protein dish which is also rich in vitamin K is a wonderful healthy and filling breakfast but is also perfect for a quick supper.
1. Break both the eggs onto a plate being careful not to break the yolks.
2. Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil and carefully slide the eggs in. Place a lid on the pan and turn off the heat. Leave the eggs to cook in the hot water for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make your toast and warm the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat then add the crushed garlic and lemon juice.
4. Now, quickly add the washed spinach to the warm olive oil and lemon juice, stir well and heat through for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
5. To serve, place a bed of spinach on each slice of wholemeal toast, pop the boiled egg on top and sprinkle with Herbamare® Original Seasoning Salt. Serve immediately.
I hope you give these yummy poached eggs with spinach on wholemeal toast a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Sally Bee's story of survival and recovery from three heart attacks in a week at the age of 36 is nothing short of a miracle. Sally attributes much of her remarkable survival to her delicious and achievable healthy eating plan, which she and her whole family enjoy.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!