These protein packed Mexican-style quiona & black bean burger, are packed full of nutrients and goodness and topped off with my delicious, homemade guacamole, salad and salsa for an extremely tasty, healthy and filling meal.
A simple guacamole recipe made with avocados, tomatoes and chilli flakes, this delicious dip can be made in minutes.
1. Wash & drain the quinoa and place into a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes, until the quinoa is clear and cooked then drain fully.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor and whizz up. Leave a little chunky for texture.
3. Place the burger mixture into a bowl and pop into the fridge for 25 minutes.
4. Form the mixture into burgers and place onto baking paper. Pop the burgers back into the fridge for 10 more minutes.
5. Coat a large wok/pan with light oil and heat on low.
6. Cook the burgers for 5-8 minutes on each side until brown & crispy. Place the cooked burgers onto kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
7. Make your burger by adding a slice of lettuce onto a bun, along with tomatoes, red onion, guacamole, salsa and sesame seeds...
I hope you give these delicious quinoa and black bean mexican burgers a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Quinoa is higher in protein than other grains and cereals. Protein is necessary for tissue growth and repair. Quinoa is also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!