I’ve used beetroot in this recipe as it's packed with so much goodness. I like to use it whenever possible but if you prefer, feel free to use roast carrots or peppers in place of the beetroot. It will still be good for you and your family. Use orzo pasta - very tiny pasta shapes that look a bit like rice - or any other really small types of pasta for this recipe. It just works.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
2. Wash the fresh raw beetroot and remove the leaves, leaving a 3cm of stalk still attached.
3. Place the beetroot (or carrots or peppers) in a large roasting tin, drizzle lightly with olive oil and roast for 50-60 minutes, until tender.
4. Once cooked, leave the beetroot to cool slightly, then peel away and discard the skin and stalks. Cut the beetroot into wedges and toss with the herbs, red wine vinegar and capers.
5. Meanwhile, cook the orzo pasta according to the packet instructions. Once cooked and drained, mix in the beetroot and herbs, toss quickly and serve.
Sally Bee's story of survival and recovery from three heart attacks in a week at the age of 36 is nothing short of a miracle. Sally attributes much of her remarkable survival to her delicious and achievable healthy eating plan, which she and her whole family enjoy.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!