Working well all year round this quick and easy broccoli dish counts towards 1 of your 5 a day. If you thought broccoli was boring then think again. The natural crunch and flavours of the broccoli are maintained and then heightened with the addition of a few simple ingredients. With an array of complex carbs, healthy fats and protein, it’s the most perfect, well-balance side dish that you’ll be craving more of once you taste it.
Wondering why broccoli is so healthy it can be considered a superfood? Find out more in Emma's blog: Why is broccoli a superfood?
1. Chop or break your broccoli into florets (you can save the stalks to be used in soups or stocks).
2. Heat the coconut oil in a wok and add your broccoli.
3. Cook on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes until lightly coloured.
4. Mix through the sesame oil and Kelpamare and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and garnish with whole sesame seeds.
This recipe combines the superfood broccoli, together with sesame seeds for a garnish, helping to up the protein and healthy fat content, making for a healthy, balance dish. It works fabulously as a side dish and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
Emma is a qualified nutritionist. She is passionate about all things food, and loves to share her knowledge of her experiences in the kitchen with exciting new recipes, plus, exploring how these healthy habits can translate into helping us feel better!
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!