It’s easy to veganise coleslaw simply by using eggfree mayonnaise. This will make quite a large amount of coleslaw (twice the amount pictured), so you should have plenty of leftovers to use throughout the week!
1. Remove any outer leaves of the cabbage that are limp or bruised, then chop into quarters. Remove the tough core of each quarter, then thinly slice. Pop the cabbage into a mixing bowl.
2. Grate the carrot (you don’t need to peel them, just wash them) then put the grated carrot onto a tea towel. Gather the corners of the towel and squeeze out the excess liquid, then add to the cabbage.
3. Finely slice the onion and add it into the mixing bowl.
4. In a separate small bowl, add the mayo, mustard, vinegar, garlic and pepper, mix together until well combined.
5. Add the dressing to the prepared vegetables and mix until well combined.
6. Store in an air tight container in the fridge, it will last for three to five days
Eat on sandwiches, with baked potatoes or serve along with salad
I hope you give this delicious vegan coleslaw a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture at our Instagram so we can see :)
It’s well known that carrots are good for the eyes but did you know they are natural pain relievers as well? Carrots have anti-inflammatory properties which can help ease aching muscles & joints, and other inflammatory conditions.
Bethany is a vegan food blogger from Kent. She is passionate about creating simple plant-based recipes, suitable for vegans. She updates her blog Bethany’s Vegan Kitchen every week with new tasty and easy-to-make recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!