Looking to keep warm this winter? We’ve got you covered with these delicious, chilli stuffed peppers. High in fibre and protein to maintain healthy energy levels, this dish would be excellent as a light lunch or served with rice and tortilla chips for a hearty dinner.
1. Add the onion and garlic to a frying pan over a medium heat, I used a nonstick pan so I didn’t add oil. Allow to cook for five minutes.
2. Then add the soy mince, tomato puree and spice mix, give it a good mix to combine.
3. When that’s all mixed well, add the tomatoes, oregano, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to gently simmer and thicken for about fifteen minutes. Add the beans at the end and give them a couple of minutes to heat through.
4. Once the chilli has thickened and the beans are hot, set aside.
To prepare the peppers
1. Prepare your seasoned breadcrumb mix; mix together two tbsps of breadcrumbs, half a tsp of dried parsley and a pinch of both salt and pepper.
2. Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C/400°F.
3. Wash, slice and remove the seeds from the peppers. Place them onto a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for two minutes, then allow them to cool.
4. Place the peppers into an oven safe dish, spoon the chilli into them, then sprinkle over the breadcrumb mix.
5. Oven cook for 15-20 minutes, allow to rest for two minutes before serving.
I hope you give these delicious three bean chilli stuffed peppers a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see :)
With their high protein content, pulses such as kidney beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils are a great addition to a meat-free diet, which is why they are a favourite ingredient for many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Packed with fibre, they can also help promote good digestion, and are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
Bethany is a vegan food blogger from Kent. She is passionate about creating simple plant-based recipes, suitable for vegans. She updates her blog Bethany’s Vegan Kitchen every week with new tasty and easy-to-make recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!