Curry has to be one of my favourite dishes to make. For this recipe, I chose to use black eye beans and green beans for their yummy flavour and kidney beans for their nutrient content. A flavourful meal all the family can enjoy, this deliciously hearty and healthy veggie curry tastes delicious and is simple to make and packed with protein.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. In a large wok, heat up the oil, and place in the onions. Cook them until they begin to turn golden in colour!
2. Once the onions are a light brown, add in the chilli, ginger, garlic and salt. Let simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Keep the ingredients moving with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking!
3. Add the tomato puree, cumin seeds & Tikka powder and stir.
4. Add the black eyed beans, kidney beans, green beans and chopped tomato. Cover the wok with a lid and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Once the beans have softened and the curry is bubbling, take off the lid and stir in the pea protein. Leave uncovered to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.
6. Once your delicious curry has fully cooked, remove the wok from the heat and serve while warm.
7. Serve with some wholegrain rice, fresh coriander & homemade flatbread.
I hope you give this delicious three bean curry a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high protein content, pulses such as kidney beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils are a great addition to a meat-free diet, which is why they are a favourite ingredient for many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Packed with fibre, they can also help promote good digestion, and are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!