Curry has to be one of my favourite dishes to make. For this recipe, I chose to use black eye beans and green beans for their yummy flavour and kidney beans for their nutrient content. A flavourful meal all the family can enjoy, this deliciously hearty and healthy veggie curry tastes delicious and is simple to make and packed with protein.
1. In a large wok, heat up the oil, and place in the onions. Cook them until they begin to turn golden in colour!
2. Once the onions are a light brown, add in the chilli, ginger, garlic and salt. Let simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Keep the ingredients moving with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking!
3. Add the tomato puree, cumin seeds & Tikka powder and stir.
4. Add the black eyed beans, kidney beans, green beans and chopped tomato. Cover the wok with a lid and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Once the beans have softened and the curry is bubbling, take off the lid and stir in the pea protein. Leave uncovered to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.
6. Once your delicious curry has fully cooked, remove the wok from the heat and serve while warm.
7. Serve with some wholegrain rice, fresh coriander & homemade flatbread.
I hope you give this delicious three bean curry a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high protein content, pulses such as kidney beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils are a great addition to a meat-free diet, which is why they are a favourite ingredient for many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Packed with fibre, they can also help promote good digestion, and are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!