Echinaforce® Echinacea tablets are a traditional herbal remedy used for the symptomatic relief of colds, influenza type infections and similar upper respiratory tract conditions. Always read the leaflet. Echinaforce tablets leaflet.
Echinaforce® Echinacea is made from fresh extracts of Echinacea purpurea herb (95%) and root (5%). It is available as drops (tincture in 15ml, 50ml & 100ml bottles) and as tablets (42 tablets & 120 tablets).
Echinacea is a plant native to America but is now cultivated extensively in Europe. The plants which go into our product are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Up to 10 species of Echinacea have been identified, but only three (E. purpurea, E. angustifolia and E. pallida) are used medicinally. Echinacea purpurea is considered to be the one which has been most widely researched and this is the species we use.
Our Echinacea is produced using extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest. The benefit of using freshly harvested herbs has been demonstrated in research - extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times as many active substances compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb*.
*Tobler M et al: Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitMedizin, 1994
A.Vogel Echinaforce® Echinacea tablets may be used by adults and children over the age of 12 years to fight the symptoms of colds and flu.
Dosage of Echinaforce® tablets:
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: Two tablets, 2 to 3 times daily.
This remedies is for oral use only.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much (overdose) is unlikely to be harmful.
- For oral use
- Not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age
- Start at first signs of common cold. Do not use for more than 10 days
- If symptoms worsen during the use of the product or persist for more than 10 days, a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted.
1 tablet contains 380 mg of extract (as dry extract) from fresh Echinacea purpurea (L) Moench herb (1:7.5-14.6) and 20 mg of extract (as dry extract) from fresh Echinacea purpurea (L) Moench root (1:7.1-12.5). Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v.
The other ingredients used for the tablet are potato starch, magnesium stearate and lactose.
1. What are the benefits of Echinaforce®?
Our Echinacea drops and tablets may be used to relieve the symptoms of the common cold and flu, helping the body fight these and other similar infections of the upper respiratory tract.
2. How does it work?
It works by strengthening the body's immune system.
3. Are summer colds different from ordinary common colds experienced during the winter?
No, these are similar infections and although they may give rise to different symptoms they will behave and respond to treatment in the same way.
4. How do I know if I have the flu?
It can sometimes be difficult to tell. Flu (or influenza) produces similar symptoms to the common cold but these are usually more severe. In addition, you may experience fever, sweats and muscle aches.
5. Can I take Echinaforce® if I've had the flu jab or vaccination?
There are no contraindications to the use of Echinacea tablets either before or after the flu vaccination.
6. What about swine flu, bird flu and any other new flu infections that may come our way during the winter?
Swine flu, avian flu (bird flu) and other variants of flu are all infections caused by the influenza virus. Echinaforce® will help strengthen the immune system and relieve the symptoms of these infections in the same way it does with other flu infections or the common cold.
7. What is a head cold?
There really is no proper definition for the term 'head cold'. It is a commonly used expression usually indicating that symptoms, such as a blocked nose or sore throat, are confined to the head.
8. I have glaucoma and can’t take some cold and flu remedies because they contain antihistamines. Can I use Echinaforce®?
Yes. There are no contraindications with Echinaforce® for people with glaucoma.
12. Will Echinaforce® affect my blood pressure? It is high and I have been told not to use some cold and flu remedies.
There are no known problems for people with high blood pressure taking Echinaforce®, which is an extract of freshly harvested Echinacea purpurea.