A veggie twist on an Italian classic, I just love making this recipe. It’s so filling and makes a great meal for the whole family.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. For the filling: Slice three of the aubergines lengthways to use as lasagne sheets, and gently grill.
3. Slice the remaining aubergine into discs to use as a topping.
4. Place the rest of the ingredients for the filling in a pan and cook over a low heat until softening. Remove from the heat.
5. To make the sauce: Whisk the flour, butter and milk over a medium heat, until the sauce begins to thicken.
6. Lower the heat and beat in 3 tbsp of parmesan.
7. Spread the vegetable filling over the bottom of a baking dish and cover with a layer of aubergine sheets. Pour over a little sauce.
8. Repeat these layers until the baking dish is full, leaving a little sauce for the topping.
9. Arrange the aubergine discs on the top. Pour over the remaining sauce and 3 tbsp parmesan.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is bubbling and turning brown.
I hope you give this yummy aubergine lasagne a try! If you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high fibre content, aubergines help to support the digestive system and keep bowels healthy and regular. They also contain several important B vitamins which help maintain healthy skin and support the nervous system.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!