These BBQ bean burgers are a really bloomin' delicious way to get some healthy plant protein whilst enjoying a meal that's far more exciting than your usual beans and rice. Served on a fresh ciabatta roll, loaded with all the good stuff, these BBQ bean burgers will go down a treat with everyone.
1. Start by adding your beans, BBQ sauce, tomato puree and garlic cloves to a food processor and pulsing until combined.
2. Once combined, transfer to a bowl and add your paprika, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast then stir to combine well.
3. Now, add your flour to the mixture a tablespoon at a time, until you've got a stiff mixture.
4. Separate your mixture into four and, on a floured surface, shape each quarter into a burger patty. Now transfer your patties to a non stick pan and cook over a medium heat for around 5 minutes on each side.
5. Once cooked through, it's time to assemble, so load your burger bun with a bean burger, hummus, lettuce, ketchup and tomatoes and serve along side some chips because it's not really a good burger unless there's chips, right?
I hope you give these BBQ bean burgers a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture at our Instagram so we can see :)
When combined with whole grains such as rice, beans become a good source of protein, also as a ‘complete protein’, which is a source of protein that contains an adequate proportion of all nine essential amino acids necessary for our dietary needs.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!