One of my childhood favourites, this recipe is one from my lovely mum and really quite adventurous for the 1980’s! So easy to make, this is a healthy soup the whole family can enjoy!
1. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan.
2. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add the carrots, lentils, chilli flakes and stock.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Grate in the root ginger and add the orange juice and zest.
7. Blitz in your blender until smooth and reheat if necessary.
I hope you give this delicious Carrot & Ginger Soup a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
It’s well known that carrots are good for the eyes but did you know they are natural pain relievers as well? Carrots have anti-inflammatory properties which can help ease aching muscles & joints, and other inflammatory conditions.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!