This is an easy, gluten-free pizza with a difference. Instead of flour, this recipe uses cauliflower to make the light pizza crust, which is topped with a delicious homemade tomato sauce.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until powdery. Simmer in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to cool before wrapping in a clean tea towel and squeezing to wring out excess water.
4. Place the cauliflower in a bowl and mix with the cream cheese and egg. Season well.
5. With clean hands, divide the mixture into four portions and shape on the lined baking tray to make a 1-1½ cm thick pizza base. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until firm and golden.
6. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic, chilli and tomatoes and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the fresh basil and blitz in your blender to make a smooth sauce.
7. Add a dollop of the tomato sauce and toppings of your choice to the cauliflower pizza base. Bake for about 10 minutes.
I hope you give this delicious Cauliflower Pizza a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Mushrooms are rich in vitamin D – the sunshine vitamin. Low vitamin D can cause many health issues including lack of energy, low mood, mood swings, low immunity, sleep problems, as well as bone weakness and muscle pain – all symptoms often experienced during the menopause.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!