Rich in dietary fibre, dates have the most incredible caramel-like taste, which makes them the perfect base for these snacks, whilst cashews have a high level of omega-3 and protein. Nutritious and delicious, these simple no-bake energy bites are also amazingly easy and quick to make.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Blend cashews in a food processor for a few seconds until they become a chunky-flour like consistency.
2. Add dates into the blended cashew nut-flour.
3. Then add in coconut, vanilla extract, pinch of cinnamon and water.
4. Blend ingredients until all mixed together. Scoop out a tablespoon of mixture and roll with your hands to form a ball. (Optional: Roll these energy bites in desiccated coconut to finish.)
5. Can be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated for a few days.
I hope you give these delicious coconut & cashew amazeballs a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Dates are packed full of important minerals and vitamins which makes them a healthy source of energy. Rich in fibre, they also improve digestive health and can help to repair damaged muscles.
Lucie Weir is a nutrition student and food blogger who loves healthy foods. She is passionate about helping others realise the joy of healthy eating through easy, delicious, budget-friendly, healthy recipes. Follow her nutritional journey on her blog – Juicy Lucie Foods or follow her on Instagram.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!