Oh my...these cookies taste just like digestives! They're thick, crumbly, chewy, melt in the mouth, scrumptious! I included some of my homemade caramel into these cookies which gives a delicious flavour, along with more caramel drizzled on top and some vanilla buttercream. YUM! These would be perfect as a gift or a little treat along with a tea or coffee!
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk the butter and sugar together until smooth.
3. Add in the dairy-free milk and vanilla and combine.
4. Add in the flour, caramel sauce, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix until a dough forms.
5. Roll about 2 tablespoons (54g) of dough into balls, place onto the lined tray and press down with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
Repeat for all of the cookies.
Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. As they cool, they will crisp off.
I served my cookies with a drizzle of caramel sauce, but you can serve them as they are or even add a dust of icing sugar or fill them with ice-cream/buttercream.
Store in a sealed container and enjoy within a few days.
I hope you give these delicious salted caramel cookies a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!