Using ground almonds instead of flour, this delicious banana bread is grain-free and protein-rich, providing a sustained energy kick that keeps on giving – perfect for an afternoon snack or energising breakfast treat. Easy to make and packed with yummy goodness, this recipe is also dairy-free.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas 4 and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan and place the almonds, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in your blender or food processor and mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time and then pour in the melted coconut oil. Pulse in your processor until fully mixed.
3. Chop in the bananas, add the desiccated coconut and crystallised ginger. Pulse gently until mixed.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes. To check it's ready, a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean.
6. Allow to cool slightly in the loaf tin and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
I hope you give this delicious healthy banana bread a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose. These sugars combined with fibre work together to deliver a sustained boost of energy. Almonds are also packed energy-enriching nutrients, including manganese, vitamin E, magnesium, tryptophan, copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and phosphorus.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!