This soup recipe was born after visiting Itadakizen in Shrewsbury and eating their creamy mushroom ramen. I was inspired to make a creamy mushroom noodle soup, and although theirs is clearly superior, I think this is quite tasty too. The soup consists of shiitake mushrooms, onions, vegetable stock and herbs, along with wheat noodles. It is then topped with spring onion, grated carrot and sesame seeds.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. In a large saucepan over a low-medium heat, add in the oil, onion and garlic. Allow to cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Next add the mushrooms, give everything a good stir and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
3. Once the mushrooms have softened, add the stock, herbs and soy sauce. Season with salt and plenty black pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, blend with a blender or immersion blender until completely smooth. Then return the soup to the heat, add in the noodles, cover, and allow to heat through for 5 minutes.
5. Finally stir through the cream, then ladle into bowls and add the topping if using, then serve.
I hope you give this delicious mushroom noodle soup a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture at our Instagram so we can see :)
Mushrooms are rich in vitamin D – the sunshine vitamin. Low vitamin D can cause many health issues including lack of energy, low mood, mood swings, low immunity, sleep problems, as well as bone weakness and muscle pain – all symptoms often experienced during the menopause.
Bethany is a vegan food blogger from Kent. She is passionate about creating simple plant-based recipes, suitable for vegans. She updates her blog Bethany’s Vegan Kitchen every week with new tasty and easy-to-make recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!