Super easy to make, this delicious no-bake cheesecake makes the perfect after dinner treat. The base is rich and chocolaty, whilst the green layer is full of minty goodness, creating a yummy guilt-free dessert which is 100% vegan.
1. To make the base: Line a cake tin with grease proof paper. I prefer to use a push up cake tin.
2. In a food processor/blender, add in the hazelnuts, de-stoned/pitted dates, cacao powder, melted dark chocolate, coconut oil and salt. Whizz up on high until like breadcrumbs.
3. Firmly press the mixture into your lined cake tin and place into the freezer.
4. To make the cheesecake layer: Drain the water from the soaked cashew nuts, and place them into a food processor/blender, along with the vanilla extract, mint flavouring, melted coconut oil, fresh spinach and maple syrup. Whizz up on high for around 5-8 minutes until smooth.
5. Once smooth, grate the mint chocolate bar and fold in to the mixture. (optional)
6. Pour the creamy mint layer onto the base, level then pop back into the freezer to set. This will take around 2-4 hours. You can leave it overnight.
7. Once fully set, decorate with melted chocolate. I garnished my cheesecake with some fresh mint leaves, unsweetened desiccated coconut and some yummy Nakd mint nibbles.
To serve, defrost the cheesecake for around an hour until thoroughly defrosted. Slice and enjoy!
I hope you give this delicious no-bake mint and chocolate chip cheesecake a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Dates are packed full of important minerals and vitamins which makes them a healthy source of energy. Rich in fibre, they also improve digestive health and can help to repair damaged muscles.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!