Fast, green and delicious – what’s not to love? This super easy and quick to make soup is perfect for when you want something warming and filling in a hurry.
Instead of plain sea salt, you can add extra flavour to this soup by using Herbamare® Seasoning Salt, which is made from sea salt and 12 different fresh organically grown vegetables, garden herbs and iodine rich kelp.
1. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the onion. With the lid on the pan, allow to sweat until soft and translucent.
2. Place the peas in the pan with the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes, until the peas are tender.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop the mint leaves.
4. Once the peas are cooked, add the mint leaves to the pan. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Blitz the soup in your blender until smooth and reheat if necessary.
I hope you give this delicious Speedy Pea & Mint Soup a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Peas are supercharged with lots of essential nutrients including high levels of antioxidants which are anti-ageing, immune strengthening and energy boosting. They also have anti-inflammatory properties so are ideal for those with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, muscle pain or enlarged prostate.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!