Packed full of protein and goodness, this tasty nut roast combines walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts and cashews to create a flavoursome, moist and textured dish, perfect for vegans and vegetarians or for those looking for a meat-free dinner option.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
This lovely cranberry and orange sauce is really simple to make and is the perfect accompaniment to enhance the flavour of many dishes.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oC degrees and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
2. Pour the oil into a frying pan/wok and gently heat up. Add in the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown. This will take around 5 minutes.
3. When the onions are golden brown, pour them into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
4. Spoon the mixture into your lined loaf tin, making sure to get into the edges. For an extra kick, I sprinkled chilli flakes and oregano on top. Pop your nut roast into the heated oven for around 25 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to make sure its not burning!
5. Once your nut roast is fully cooked, carefully remove from the oven and cut into slices and serve with vegetables & roast potatoes! This nut roast can be kept frozen, but will have to be fully thawed before cooking again! I serve mine with my delicious cranberry and orange sauce.
I hope you give this delicious spicy nut roast a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Nuts are packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats, making them a healthy and vitality-boosting snack. Cashew nuts are a good source of iron and zinc and are rich in magnesium, which helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!