This hearty vegetable stew is simple to make and perfect for all the family. I find that a casserole like this is better with big chunks of vegetables.
1. Combine the rice, texturised soya protein and capers in an ovenproof casserole dish.
2. Add the vegetable stock to the mix.
3. Chop the tomatoes and onions into medium to large chunks and add these to the casserole dish.
4. Next add the basil, cream and a splash of olive oil (if you don't want to use cream, simply add more oil).
5. Then add the beetroot juice and mix well. Add black pepper.
6. Put the casserole dish lid on and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C for 1½ hours.
7. Serve and enjoy.
Wholegrain rice is a healthier alternative to white rice. While unrefined brown rice is packed with nutrients, white rice is stripped of many essential vitamins and minerals during the refining process. Wholegrain rice is also easier to digest, due to its rich fibre content.
Olga Temonen is a Finnish actress and a television cook, who makes easy and delicious homemade meals that taste great for the whole family.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!