Love the taste of Bombay potatoes? If so, you will love this soup! Combining the classic potato and leek soup with the delicious taste of India, this easy to make and uniquely spiced soup is thick and wholesome and packed with flavour.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Par-boil the potatoes, for approximately 5 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add in the leeks and onion, ginger, chilli and garlic and fry until softening.
3. Place the potatoes in a large pot with the leek mix and the Herbamare® Bouillon vegetable stock.
4. Season with the herbs, spices, tomato paste, Herbamare® Spicy seasoning salt and black pepper.
5. Add fresh coriander.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are soft, approximately 20 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Potatoes are one of the best natural sources of potassium, which helps to promote good circulation. Additionally, rich in vitamin B6, potatoes are also thought to stabilise mood and are linked with good brain function.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!