Quick and simple to make, this recipe puts a fun ‘bite sized’ spin on the traditional falafel. I added some extra spice, as well as additional goodness by adding chia seeds and spinach to this recipe, both of which are packed with protein, Omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. These taste extra yummy served with my homemade tomato sauce.
Using only a few simple ingredients, this quick and tasty homemade tomato sauce is thick, rich in flavour and very easy to make.
1. Heat 1.5 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok on a low heat. Add in the onions and fry until golden (this should take a few minutes).
2. Add in the chopped chilli and fry for a further minute.
3. Stir in the cumin and mix together. Then add in the chickpeas, spinach and coriander. Mix everything together.
4. Place your warm ingredients into a food processor/blender along with 1 tbsp of oil.
5. Whizz up until the ingredients form a mouldable consistency/paste.
6. Once you have your mouldable consistency, place into a large mixing bowl, and add in the oats, chia seeds & seasoning. Mix until fully combined.
7. With clean hands, scoop out some of the mixture and form into balls.
8. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan/wok. Add in your uncooked falafel balls and shallow fry until golden, making sure you turn them frequently. This will take around 5 minutes.
9. Now your gorgeous Falafel's are ready to serve. I always serve mine with my delicious homemade tomato sauce.
If you give these delicious chickpea & oat falfel bites a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Chickpeas are a tasty vegetarian-friendly source of protein. They are also rich in dietary fibre, which helps to prevent digestive disorders and they can boost energy due to their high iron content.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!