Quick and simple to make, this recipe puts a fun ‘bite sized’ spin on the traditional falafel. I added some extra spice, as well as additional goodness by adding chia seeds and spinach to this recipe, both of which are packed with protein, Omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. These taste extra yummy served with my homemade tomato sauce.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
Using only a few simple ingredients, this quick and tasty homemade tomato sauce is thick, rich in flavour and very easy to make.
1. Heat 1.5 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok on a low heat. Add in the onions and fry until golden (this should take a few minutes).
2. Add in the chopped chilli and fry for a further minute.
3. Stir in the cumin and mix together. Then add in the chickpeas, spinach and coriander. Mix everything together.
4. Place your warm ingredients into a food processor/blender along with 1 tbsp of oil.
5. Whizz up until the ingredients form a mouldable consistency/paste.
6. Once you have your mouldable consistency, place into a large mixing bowl, and add in the oats, chia seeds & seasoning. Mix until fully combined.
7. With clean hands, scoop out some of the mixture and form into balls.
8. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan/wok. Add in your uncooked falafel balls and shallow fry until golden, making sure you turn them frequently. This will take around 5 minutes.
9. Now your gorgeous Falafel's are ready to serve. I always serve mine with my delicious homemade tomato sauce.
If you give these delicious chickpea & oat falfel bites a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Chickpeas are a tasty vegetarian-friendly source of protein. They are also rich in dietary fibre, which helps to prevent digestive disorders and they can boost energy due to their high iron content.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!