Super easy to make, this healthy and vibrant beetroot dip is 100% vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. Sweet and earthy tasting, it makes a great snack when paired with crackers, oat cakes or crunchy crudités.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Wash & peel the beetroots and slice them in half.
3. Pop them onto the lined baking tray and lightly drizzle with oil and whole garlic cloves.
4. Fold over the foil to create a parcel and pop the beetroots into the middle of the oven and roast/cook for 50-60 minutes until soft. You may want to check them to make sure they aren't burning or drying out. Add more oil if needed.
5. Remove the beetroots from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool.
6. Once they have cooled, place the cooked beetroots into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
7. Blend until smooth. Taste as you go, add more lemon juice, spices or water to your desired texture & flavour.
8. Serve in a little bowl along with a sprinkling of lemon zest and chia seeds (optional).
I hope you give this delicious roasted beetroot dip a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Due to its high fibre content, beetroot is great for supporting the digestive system, helping to prevent constipation and keep bowels healthy and regular. The iron content in beetroot means it’s good for those with anaemia and fatigue.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!