Deliciously packed with vegetables, spices and pulses, this hearty hot pot is an ideal dinner for all the family. Healthy and filling, it’s a good source of protein, fibre and essential vitamins and minerals
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Preheat your oven to 160oC/300F/Gas 2.
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan or casserole pot on the hob.
3. Add the carrots and onion and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables, garlic, tomato puree, chilli, paprika, tomatoes, red wine or stock, bay leaf and seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the beans.
6. Place the covered casserole dish into the oven for about an hour until the hot pot is bubbling, the vegetables are cooked and you are ready to eat.
7. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
I hope you give this delicious spicy bean hot pot a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high protein content, pulses such as kidney beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils are a great addition to a meat-free diet, which is why they are a favourite ingredient for many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Packed with fibre, they can also help promote good digestion, and are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!