This butternut squash soup is thick and creamy in texture, making it warming and comforting. It has a rich, earthy and spicy flavour, as well as being packed full of nutrients and vitamins.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ᵒC.
2. Place the squash, carrots, shallots, garlic, ginger and chillies on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil.
3. Roast for 30 minutes, until the squash and carrots are softening.
4. Place the squash, carrots, shallots, garlic, ginger, chillies and Herbamare® Bouillon vegetable stock in a large pot, and season with chilli powder, Herbamare® Original seasoning salt and black pepper.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer until the squash and carrots are really soft.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Serve, garnishing with cinnamon and pumpkin seeds.
Butternut squash has many health benefits including boosting the body’s immunity to colds & flu. It has also been found to help reduce inflammatory conditions, such as muscle & joint pain, arthritis and enlarged prostate.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!