These little bites of deliciousness are so quick & easy to make, with no baking required. They contain desiccated coconut and coconut oil along with a contrasting dark chocolate topping, which go together like a dream!
1. Line a square baking tray with grease-proof paper.
2. Place the desiccated coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and salt into a large mixing bowl, and using a wooden spoon, mix until fully combined.
3. Pour the coconut base mixture into the lined baking tray and press down until it is compact. Pop the tray into the freezer whilst you make the chocolate topping.
4. Create a bain-marie, and melt the chocolate until silky smooth!
5. Carefully pour the chocolate over the coconut base. Using a spatula, smooth the chocolate over the base and sprinkle some coconut over the top for decoration & texture! Pop the tray back into the freezer for approximately 1 hour to set.
6. Once set, remove the tray from the freezer and slice into your desired squares/bars. Serve & enjoy!
I served my bars with an extra sprinkle of desiccated coconut and some coconut chunks.
Store in a sealed container in the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes minutes before enjoying!
I hope you give these delicious no-bake chocolate coconut bites a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Potatoes are one of the best natural sources of potassium, which helps to promote good circulation. Additionally, rich in vitamin B6, potatoes are also thought to stabilise mood and are linked with good brain function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!