How do the toxins get in?
- Through our mouths – food, drink, recreational drugs
- Through our lungs – airborne pollutants such as exhaust fumes
- Through our skin – cosmetics, hair dye, industrial chemicals
How should toxins get out?
- Through the bowel
- Through the urinary tract
- Through the lungs
What happens if these exit routes are overloaded or under functioning?
The body has emergency exit routes that can be used if the proper ones aren’t working well. These are the skin and the mucous membranes.
A good indication that you are overflowing with toxins is if your skin breaks out and you are full of persistent catarrh.
How do we improve things?
- Get out in the fresh air every day and clear your lungs
- Drink at least 1.5 litres of still water daily to flush toxins out through your urinary tract
- Take herb teas such as golden rod or nettle to help support the function of your kidneys
- Make sure your bowel is working daily. If it isn’t, take a gentle laxative to get things going – try one containing linseed and maybe Senna for a kick-start.
How will you know if your system is under pressure?
Are you tired and lethargic, feeling chubby and bloated, and maybe even nauseous after certain foods? Your liver might appreciate a tonic.
Do you feel that you’re retaining fluid, with puffy eyes in the morning and lower back pain? Possibly your kidneys need a boost.
There are several good remedies that you can take if you feel you’ve asked a lot of your system recently.
- Take Milk Thistle has a long history of use in supporting liver function
- Take Solidago has been used traditionally to help maintain healthy kidney function
Always check with your doctor if you are worried about your health or have new or persistent
Looking for help easing those symptoms of indigestion such as, bloating, fullness and flatulence?
Then look no further than Digestisan Oral drops.
To find local independent stores in your area that sell Digestisan Oral drops, simply type your postcode below.
Want to improve your digestion? Get involved as our Digestion Advisor Ali Cullen takes you through her 5 step plan to improve your digestion and get problem symptoms, from bloating to acid reflux, under control.