In this section we give you a sample shopping list as an example for anyone thinking of adopting a low FODMAP diet plan.
A FODMAP-free diet works on the following principles: using plenty of gluten free grains, lean cuts of meat, plenty of fish, eggs, and bulking out meals with plenty of safe fruit and vegetables. Top tip from us is to use plenty of fresh herbs and spices to replace the problematic onion and garlic, which is often a base for many dishes. Here is an example of a shopping list:
- Bananas, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, clementines, lemons
- Pak choi, broccoli, pumpkin, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, radishes
- Brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, walnuts, chia seeds, oats
- Rice milk, soy milk, eggs, feta cheese
- Fresh salmon fillets, trout fillets, turkey mince, chicken breasts, cans of tuna
- Herbal tea bags (not apple)
- Plenty of fresh herbs and spices
- Olive oil, coconut oil, garlic oil
Buckwheat and banana pancakes
Potato salad with cucumber and radish
Grilled trout with fresh dill
Pumpkin and potato mash – a perfect side dish
Looking for help easing symptoms of IBS such as, nausea, flatulence, stomach ache, diarrhoea and discomfort?
Then look no further than Silicol®gel.
To find local independent stores in your area that sell Silicol®gel, simply type your postcode below.
A.Vogel herbal remedies are available from many retail outlets throughout the UK as well as online. The search above gives you the independently owned stores stocking our products.
Our most popular products are also available from other high street outlets such as Boots and Holland & Barrett.
Want to improve your digestion? Get involved as our Digestion Advisor Ali Cullen takes you through her 5 step plan to improve your digestion and get problem symptoms, from bloating to acid reflux, under control.